Adding a Carousel
Adding a Carousel
Using the jQuery Carousel component, you can create a stunning collection of images in just a few minutes.
The images you choose to display in your Carousel are organized in the Asset Properties tab of the Carousel Properties Palette. A default layout is created when the Carousel is dropped on the page. This layout does not contain images, the user can add images and set options related to the format of Carousel.
You add the Carousel tool to the page where you want to display the photos. The Carousel will scale and crop your images to fit the size of draw box.
To add a Carousel:
- In Page view, display the page where you want to place the jQuery Carousel object.
- Choose the Carousel Object tool from the image flyout located in the standard toolbox and draw a box on the page layout where you want the Carousel to appear. The Photos dialog appears.
- Click the Asset Properties tab of the Carousel Properties Palette.
- Click the plus (+) button located at the bottom left of the Carousel Properties dialog, navigate to the folder containing the photos you want to add to the Carousel.
Previews of the images are displayed on the top right part of the dialog.
To select the photos for the Carousel:
- Click a single photo to select it.
- Press Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click to select multiple photos.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all photos in the folder.
- Click the Open button.
- The photos you select are listed in the Assets window pane.
- Select the photos in the Album pane to preview the image in the Carousel.
The quality settings are based on the application settings for auto-generated image output in the site. See Setting Application Options for more details.
You can reorder your images using the up and down buttons located in the bottom right of the Carousel Properties dialog.